• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 29, 2020

    Factorio When you're too lazy to move your half assed station, so you end up spending 25 minutes weaving your bus through an intersection

    Factorio When you're too lazy to move your half assed station, so you end up spending 25 minutes weaving your bus through an intersection


    When you're too lazy to move your half assed station, so you end up spending 25 minutes weaving your bus through an intersection

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    Topology of balancers is what important

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    Okay, factory engineers, architects, operators, H.R. reps, foremen, etc.; Here's a "bored at work" set of configurations that single out each science up to "Purple" (where I am in the game now). I know ratios are likely off, but it isn't too easy to configure using paint so I went minimal...

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    I now understand circuits! Redundant Sushi design using circuits as backup. Blue Science as test case.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    How come biters spawn oversea like in this picture? They keep attacking my base :D

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    A lot of Kovarex setups going around lately! Here's my logistic bot based design. Entirely scalable and tileable!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    why are these fast inserters not working?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    I need help

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Guys I can't craft pumpjacks, I researched them but I can't. I disabled all mods, but it still doesn't work. What should I do, I do not want to start over.

    submitted by /u/ErenTopacoglu
    [link] [comments]

    I'd love the option to play with older Factorio sprites

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    Obviously they'd have to create similarly-styled sprites for things added since the graphics changes.

    submitted by /u/Sour_Straps
    [link] [comments]

    Rail signals question - just checking

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Just want to check my understanding of chain signals.

    If X is a chain signal and Y is a standard signal and the train goes left to right:

    X X X X Y

    In this scenario, as soon as Y turns red, then all the chain signals prior would also go red, is that correct?

    submitted by /u/PhoenixNZ
    [link] [comments]

    How do you name your train stations?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    I name them like this: For the outposts: Outpost "resourse name" "initial size"/ activity For the outposts that are inside my territory: Impost "resource name" initial size For unloading stations: "Resource name" drop For ammo station: Ammo load For fueling: Train refuel "x" where x is the number of locomotive that train has

    For the resource names I use iron ore,crude oil, copper ore, coal Activity: ammo drop, iron load, oil load... Initial size is how much recourses I saw there in the map, like 6.8m (millions) or 1809 for how much percent oil has.

    So how do you name your stations?

    submitted by /u/ClientVisual7558
    [link] [comments]

    Story of My Factorio Life

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    1. Try my hand at a base.
    2. Learn something new.
    3. This is all wrong.
    4. Start over.
    5. Go to step 1.
    submitted by /u/weneedaweedeater
    [link] [comments]

    Defending other planets in space exploration

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    I just established my firs off-world mining outpost. My plan was to solely use solar for power and laser turrets for defense. At night I switch off power to everything except for laser turrets. But I'm coming to the conclusion that this isn't viable for the planet I chose. I thought laser turrets only drew power when firing but boy was I wrong about that.

    Right now I've got 142 laser turrets drawing a constant 3.4 MW of power. The day/night cycle for the moon I'm on is 44.26 minutes so I divide that by half. I plugged the numbers into wolfram alpha and supposedly I need 4.5 GJ to get me through the night.

    https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=3.4+MW+x++1327.8+seconds

    There's no way I can fit that many accumulators into the base so I'll have to expand. But this will send me into a loop where I'll have to put more laser turrets to defend the new territory.

    Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

    submitted by /u/Dark_Shit
    [link] [comments]

    My take on the rocket silo layout.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    Deleting to expand

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    Hi all, about 50hours into my game where things i set up need to be tore down and redone after learning how to properly build,etc

    How do you teardown without your robots totally overloading causing me to dump everything i have into multiple boxes only to try to sort it later. Seems like a waste and also time consuming in the worst way.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/DasWolfTokyo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to move the chat text above the quickbars?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    Just started Space Explorer mod!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    You need burner versions of things to make everything? Space is crazy!

    submitted by /u/Seyon
    [link] [comments]

    Does logistics network content include robots flying with items?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    When you read the contents of the logistics network, does that include items in flight? I want to setup some rules that requests a train if the network is missing stuff, but some of that stuff might just be moving between chests, will the circuit know about those items?

    I know that the contents of a chest is predictive of robots picking up items, but what about the chest that is the eventual destination? Will that chest represent the predictive end state as well resulting in a net zero overall change across the network?

    submitted by /u/boosthungry
    [link] [comments]

    It would be nice to have an map exploration mechanic, like artifacts, caches, or special resources that you can stumble upon.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment