• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread


    Weekly Question Thread

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Ask any questions you might have.

    Post your bug reports on the Official Forums


    Previous Threads


    Subreddit rules

    Discord server (and IRC)

    Find more in the sidebar ---->

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The train bus

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    [OC] Gif- factorio at night

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 04:47 AM PDT

    I feel like this applies directly to us.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    Just jump into it

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    For a long time I was really struggling to get past blue science because I was too worried about having a meticulously neat and efficient base, and I did not completely understand ratios of liquids etc.

    Today I said fuck that and just decided to push thru it and let it be as much spaghetti as it has to be. I think to really get comfortable with the game you have to figure things out on your own instead of just looking up blueprints and trying to be as perfect as possible

    submitted by /u/electro-guy
    [link] [comments]

    Think its time to retire this factory, I recorded a random tour for shits and giggles and thought I'd post it here, hopefully someone enjoys it!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    check out my rocket milestone (newbie level), also best game ever

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    check out my rocket milestone (newbie level), also best game ever

    https://preview.redd.it/v7mkbdc6u1851.jpg?width=217&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ea96e59d3c1ac43aebfc641f46cf0ba4fdb8959e

    218 hours for those rockets. i still don't use a logistic network and i can't reliably have my trains cross tracks so i work around that. for the most part, i've reached an uneasy peace w/ supply lines and production, so it's time to figure out those trains for good this time, but man, 218 hours (which is a little less than half my total playtime) and i'm still 100 percent engaged. what a fascinating game.

    submitted by /u/superiksar
    [link] [comments]

    Factorio Timelapse - Bob's + Angel's | 4K

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    Decided to fully automate the tutorial with burners for fun after not playing for a long time

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    This game needs signposts

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    Every now and again life will pull me away halfway through a project, and I'll get back, having completely forgotten what I was doing. Or maybe I'll start building up an area, need some stuff, and have to return to base. But then I go all Skyrim and get distracted by other stuff that comes up.

    Just a little message box that we can write a few short sentences in. Maybe green chip + steel to make one. We can read and see them globally, via the map.

    submitted by /u/Thinkingwithportals1
    [link] [comments]

    About 12 Hours in, me and a friend bought the game recently. How are we doing?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    My factory playing for 13 hours after not playing for 13 years. I was wondering how I could improve iron throughput for blue and military sciences.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    Pure Pyanodons Mods: Red Science Spaghetti

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    Pure Pyanodons Mods: Red Science Spaghetti

    A few weeks ago I decided to start a game with Py's mods, I did not expect it to go anywhere, as in past with similar mods like b&a I had burned out quite quick. Pyanodon's mods, however went quite well (so far). I doubt that I will ever finish the game, but wow I can't put it into words how impressive Pyanodon's mods have been, both in quality and sheer complexity. I have been playing this game for a little over 35 hours and have had red science (semi) automated for a while but have finally worked up the courage to start the journey to green science (don't know if I will make it). To be honest I was just so amazed by this mod I had to share.

    If you can't tell yet I highly recommend the mods.

    I kind of put off making a main bus for too long and now I am too lazy to make one so I have decided that this will be a modular spaghetti base (I make expandable modules that are neat on there own but then connect them to each other with mild spaghetti)

    This is my latex production area. I need latex to make rubber stoppers for glassware to make red science and rubber. I space it all out as much as I am willing to because I know I will regret it in future if I don't.

    This is (some of) my iron production chain.

    submitted by /u/Donotforget12321
    [link] [comments]

    The Yellow science in my current playthrough.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    What do engineers of this sub think of Satisfactory?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    I LOVE Factorio! Just wondered for those who have played both, how does Satisfactory compare?

    Just to get some opinions before spending that hard earned $$ or not.

    submitted by /u/MmartianD
    [link] [comments]

    Krastorio 1 -> Krastorio 2 any ways to make this work?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    i got a 400 hour Krastorio/Space Exploration modded map. I would love to convert my Krastorio 1 to Krastorio 2, do anyone know if it might be compatible on the same map?

    Edit: Okay, there are simply too many changes to make it work with my map. Well then lets start a new world!!!!!

    submitted by /u/7heCube
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get infinite ores?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    I picked up factorio recently and I am loving every minute of it.

    I just fully automated the creation of chemical science packs but realised my main iron patch was running dry. Normally this would be fine as I would build a train to a new ore patch but literally everything in my factory is connected to this section. I hate tearing things down that I worked so hard to build so I'm wondering if there is a different solution to my problem. I know mods probably won't work as I've already created my word but is there a console command, of any other method, that can create infinite ores and replenish my patch?

    submitted by /u/twinhead1
    [link] [comments]

    When you flush a system of liquids it should heavy pollute that area

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    it would be kinda cool to have big sections of a factory covered in oil or something

    submitted by /u/Inkredabu11
    [link] [comments]

    Behold, my mess of a Hi-Tech Science Pack production

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Helmod - Beacon and factory

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    Helmod - Beacon and factory

    I'm currently trying to calculate my Bobs and Angels Mods factory…but I have a big problem…

    I try to tell helmod that one factory is affected by 50 beacons…but no matter what I type in at "Amount, affecting one" or "Assembler per beacon", the required factories do not change at all. (see Screenshots below)

    What am I doing wrong???

    Thx Meisti

    https://preview.redd.it/nx98fug3k1851.png?width=1550&format=png&auto=webp&s=9534780c8e169046ea9a895cb22e841dff439295

    https://preview.redd.it/3p2twig4k1851.png?width=1627&format=png&auto=webp&s=ab4b670b65fc192affe310cffd76ea4901a5463b

    submitted by /u/Meisti_pew
    [link] [comments]

    Assembly Line

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    There is a game on mobile called assembly line. it's like a terrible graphics Factorio with less mechanics. I thought you guys would like it. It's free on Google play and probably apple. Try it and then you can tell me if it's good or not.

    submitted by /u/Bushax
    [link] [comments]

    How are you guys building train networks?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    I recently have started trying to make a megabase with a train grid design and as this is my really first try on doing a factory with many trains, I need your help. Are you setting up a train for each trainstop or is it better to have one train that deliveres one class of item to many trainstops?

    submitted by /u/Peakayyyy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment