• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 24, 2020

    Factorio Me and 3 friends' first attempt at a speedrun. Lots of room for improvement, but I'm happy with it! Also I finally have 100% achievements

    Factorio Me and 3 friends' first attempt at a speedrun. Lots of room for improvement, but I'm happy with it! Also I finally have 100% achievements


    Me and 3 friends' first attempt at a speedrun. Lots of room for improvement, but I'm happy with it! Also I finally have 100% achievements

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    Factorio is great for religious fasting

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    As you all might know, Muslims have a one month per year obligation to fast from sunrise to sunset(no eating or drinking unless you're sick or traveling)

    Today is the last day of Ramadhan, and as a Muslim myself I would like to thank the developers for making things easier for me, considering where I live translates fasting time to a total of 15 hours each day, but Factorio is a bloody time sink, there's definitely a blackhole in the coding that makes time go faster for the player, which is incredibly convenient especially in the current global circumstances.

    So, thank you. And Eid Mubarak (happy holidays)! :))))

    submitted by /u/Rolph133
    [link] [comments]

    Two full 25k oil tanks add up as 49k in logistic network. Probably some floating point rounding nonsense? Maybe 49999.9 oil? This makes me mad evertime I set a comparator to 50k and it won't be activated.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    A Tale of a UPS pitfall I didn't know about, ammo loops..

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    For reference, playing 18.26, Krastorio 2 on 100x difficulty + Alien Loot Economy + Random Science only (and other mods not relevant)

    Due to playing at 100x difficulty, and random science, I'm stuck with primitive means of defense for a very, VERY long time. I have behemoths knocking at my door, and all I have are basic turrets, red ammo, and no military science. So predictably, I have a lot of them. My base is large, consuming about 2k spm of the sciences I can available to me, and already had to expand it's borders to reach more oil, mineral water, and has long blown out it's original and nearby iron patches. Robots and ful logistics are a pipe dream. (Oh, so are walls, no walls for me).

    My main defense is based on a ammo production factory on the west side if my base, feeding a continuous arc all around to the east side. (Fortunately, there's a ocean to the south of me). Forked off the main ammo loop are inserter chained turrets, sometimes 6 deep.

    So here's the sticky wicket... With Alien Loot Economy, dying bugs drop alien ore. They drop it wherever, even on belts, and the alien ore does a really good job of jamming up the belts, preventing turrets from being fed correctly.

    So I had an idea... I ran the termination end of my ammo loop back up into my base, through it, and in parallel with the feeder line emitting from the west side of my base. I put a splitter on the return line to split out the ore, leaving only the remaining ammo, then I used a splitter to merge the freshly made ammo and well traveled ammo lines, giving input priority to the well traveled ammo.

    It seemed... perfect. The ammo line would circle around, when it returned any collected ore would be filtered off, and any gaps would be filled by the newly made ammo side of the spliter - then be sent back off into the loop. Except, the instant I put that last splitter in to merge the two - wham - 20UPS (down from 60). It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but when I did, I picked up the splitter, and popped back up to 60UPS.

    I found if I slapped various forms of circuits on it to control the flow (a simple pulsing timer, or a measurement of returning ammo) - to keep the belt merging point from ever being considered 'full', it hovered around 50UPS.

    Some part of belt optimization seems to react very poorly to a large base sized loop, with inserters pulling ammo off of it every 2 tiles, that eventually does a priority merge back into itself. Just something to watch out for. It seemed like a good idea at the time....

    It's been rebuilt with circuit driven miniloaders, and is running fine at 60UPS.

    (Note: I cannot guarantee the entire loop was one belt color. In fact, I can almost guarentee that it wasn't, and I suspect having to calculate a speed for the loop, while full, when merging with itself, across multiple belt speeds was involved)

    submitted by /u/uiyicewtf
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy Factorio?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    Looking for a good time sink game, and I keep coming back to factorio. I've played satisfactory but I hate controlling/building a factory in first person, so I thought factorio would be better. So I was thinking of either buying it or looking for another good addictive/time sink single player game. EDIT - got the game and am loving it so far. So much better than satisfactory and I think I'm going to love this game

    submitted by /u/AdrielTheBuddy
    [link] [comments]

    I was today years old when I discovered the beautiful art of weaving, but I may have gotten too excited and messed up. Spot the mistake (Hint: it has nothing to do with ratios)

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Modular Megabase Unit - 151spm

    Posted: 24 May 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    Description - An all beacon and bot 151spm module for megabase construction. Fed only by raw ingredients, (Ores, Stone, Coal, Water and Crude Oil). Produces all science and tested using the Follower Robot Count research which uses all 7 science flasks. Uses aprox 4500 logistics robots at Worker Robot Speed level 10. Produces excess Rocket fuel at 70 units per minute to fuel delivery trains. Uses just under 1.9 GW of power. Takes about 10 minutes to stabilise after construction to allow science buffers to fill up. Works best if raw ingredients are fed by bots from the left hand side. Made in version 0.18.22

    Screenshot - https://imgur.com/a/uxQ7BBP

    Blueprint - https://factorioprints.com/view/-M85iBJ76sM6S86WuYFx

    Made of 18x18 individual "cells" and reminds me of a bee hive when the bots get going. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions though. Is there anyway to find that out without counting tiles? :P

    This may not be the perfect setup in terms of calculating ratios from scratch but it has been tested over hours and seems rock solid in terms of science and rocket fuel output. Although it took a long time to get it right it wasn't as hard as you might imagine. I basically made this in creative mode starting with an assembler surrounded by beacons making Yellow science fed by bots taking from infinity chests and then kept replacing the chests with more assemblers and beacons until I got down to raw ingredients. I then did this with all science types and built the rocket facilities separately. Then I put all the "unit cells" into a spreadsheet and reorganised the cell layout to make it more optimal for bots to transport items. Then it was a case of stress testing and reorganising the module ratios to make it fully reliable.

    Not specifically optimised for better UPS but bots in this case may be better than belts. I haven't done any inserter swing optimising which might improve performance as I haven't worked out a reliable way of doing it but maybe someone is up for the challenge.

    I guess my next task is to actually use a bunch of these to create a Megabase of my own if I can work out how to feed in all of the raw ingredients. I guess I'll have to design a Megamall just to create enough raw items to build a hundred of these not to mention the power requirements XD.

    Anyway, hope you enjoy this! :)

    submitted by /u/RedshiftOTF
    [link] [comments]

    Deathmatch Marathon 98 hour base, launched rocket with no lasers built

    Posted: 24 May 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    Midstrap Base. From Bots to this in one simple step.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Midstrap Base. From Bots to this in one simple step.

    I've loved playing factorio, but I've never launched more than one rocket in a playthrough. So I decided to make a base that'll allow me to reliably launch consecutive rockets so that I'll eventually be able to make an actual mega-base.I started at the back end, with the rocket silo, satellites, and labs. I worked my way backwards from there, eventually creating a perfectly balanced base that reliably makes all levels of science, as well as a "mall" or make everything (depending on what you call it). The base is 8x11 roboport logistic ranges in size. I've created a blueprint for it as well as a small kickstarter base that provided me all the materials required to get the midstrap up and running. Admittedly, the kickstarter needs some work, but it get's the job done.

    Here's the blueprints (in steps!) Hopefully you'll be able to refer to the image here for locations on where to put the blueprints.

    https://preview.redd.it/2u6tyehzmk051.jpg?width=1084&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b25ee280f385089770562e755015a01c7a63d391

    Book 1: https://pastebin.com/RrDSrKPX

    Book 2: https://pastebin.com/NwVD2wbw

    Book 3: https://pastebin.com/dCNJkE0T

    Book 4: https://pastebin.com/Wmj6fNdW

    submitted by /u/JacksonStarbringer
    [link] [comments]

    upgrading worlds 0.17 > 0.18

    Posted: 24 May 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    has the world gen changed between 0.17 and 0.18? i would like to play on the latest version and not have my world break. it's the first time i got to megabase building so it would be nice to finish

    submitted by /u/ravenerOSR
    [link] [comments]

    Assembling machine poster

    Posted: 23 May 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    A little love for Space Exploration

    Posted: 23 May 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    A little love for Space Exploration

    Just finished my Kastorio 2 run with my sis 2 weeks ago and got started on a solo Space Exploration. I must say, this is one hell if an experience and the way it completely changes the endgame, I love it.

    I highly recommend this mod and just wanted to share my progress so far.

    You start out on Nauvis and do your normal thing, but up, tech up, build some trains, all the good stuff, not not to different from vanilla.

    Nauvis (Home sweet home)

    But, then there's this "Cargo Rocket Silo", so you put some stuff in it and yourself and launch (with a return pod) to the orbit of Nauvis, where there's a little science station.

    Now you realize there's 4 more types of science and they can only be produced in space. So you head back home. Start ramping up, so you can ship more resources to space and you build up your little station.

    To control what I send up, I've gone a little circuit happy.

    Cargo Rocket Silo on Nauvis

    My space research station is getting pretty big and looks like this now.

    Nauvis Orbit

    Then you realize there's other Planets and Moons, Asteroid belts and much more. Realizing that Nauvis is still full of Biters and a bit of a pain, you research technology to build (yes, actually build) your own spaceship.

    You fill it up with resources, lots of machines and head off to the nearby planet Windlace and start to setup shop.

    Windlace

    You setup a nice big production with 2 Cargo Rocket Silos, one for Iron and one for Copper, never running out of those again at my space research station. Bonus, Windlace is tiny and biter free.

    Here's my spaceship, I promise the next one will be much nicer looking and less of a utility ship.

    Spaceship MK1 returning to Windlace

    Oh yeah, and I setup mining operations on the nearby Asteroid belt to get me some nice Water Ice and Methane Ice.

    Calidus Asteroid Belt 1

    Now, it's time to keep researching and scaling up so I can eventually build a bigger ship and leave the solar system! I'm about 70h in (maybe 50h if you ignore idling), so I'd class this on the longer side of modded games, but no where near a Seablock (but longer than Kastorio2).

    submitted by /u/nielsrobin
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion: there should be a native way to "ground all bots" with a button in an emergency.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    So many times My bots just get screwed in a big open area and they go to repair and sometimes you just need to let the biters move along.

    submitted by /u/krilu
    [link] [comments]

    Stalemate between bots and a spitter, been going at it for several minutes now.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    I still have no clue why my signals don't work. Can you help me here? One train form the east, one from the south, one station. How to place signals so that they don't crash?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    Does anybody know how much it cost to develop Factorio?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    I am bored and curious. And how much it made?

    submitted by /u/TanktopSamurai
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to start a new game, what mods should I use?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    I should start by saying I've never finished a megabase or anything like that. I've launched rockets, but I haven't completed spaceX for instance. My most recent play was about 50 hrs long, using part of bobs (most of it except ores). I always use unlimited resources for my own sanity so I'm not freaking out about finding new patches. I ended up stopping because I moved and didn't play for a while, but I'd like to get back into a game again. Other mods I usually use are factorissimo and some QOL mods (long reach and faster start).

    Should I try angels? Bob's ores? Or should I go simpler? I really don't know what's out there, I haven't played in 2 years or so.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Duranel
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up a modded Server

    Posted: 24 May 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    So i want to setup a dedicated Factorio Server with a set of mods.
    (Angels/Bobs/SpaceExp)

    However i don't know how to tweak the settings for the server so i can use a pre generated Map from Singleplayer and the settings that go with it.

    Last time i tried it the server wouldn't start up.

    I do have an FTP access to the server.

    How would i go about that?

    submitted by /u/RemusTheFuss
    [link] [comments]

    Don't I get how fluids work?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 01:23 AM PDT

    Discord

    Posted: 24 May 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    Can someone send me the invite to the official discord server? Because when I click on the link both here on reddit and on the official site it does not work... it says that it is expired and that something went wrong D:

    submitted by /u/Cavagninicus
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Factorio Newbie

    Posted: 24 May 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    I've played Factorio before but I always got stuck around the robot/train part of the game. I'm thinking about starting a new world after not playing for over a year. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/balake422
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a new mod to play through

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:49 PM PDT

    My most recent play throughs have been: k2, before that was a ba run, krastorio and industrial rev, and space exp. looking for a new mod to play through that isn't pyradons Level complex. Any suggestions? Any new mods? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Freese989
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment