• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 10, 2020

    Factorio Factorio Train Yard operations (uncoupling, sorting, coupling of cargo wagons)

    Factorio Factorio Train Yard operations (uncoupling, sorting, coupling of cargo wagons)


    Factorio Train Yard operations (uncoupling, sorting, coupling of cargo wagons)

    Posted: 10 May 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    I'm very new to this game, but I started a new save today and managed to automate red and green science from scratch. It's far from perfect, but I'm pretty damn proud of it and I figured I might as well share it here.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Glitch: New way for trains to kill you.... Robots are able to place rail signals on water from a ghost, and then when I landfill to fill the space, a fraction of a water tile is left under the rail signal. Walking into the signal/water causes an instant death

    Posted: 09 May 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Holy, why haven't I been playing this for years!?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    Well after hearing about this game about four times in 3 days I figured the universe wanted me to give it a go. I'm just rebuilding my base in the campaign, like seriously not even into this thing for real yet and I am hooked! What a fantastic game, what fun, what planning and mind trickery that it employs. I am blown away but the sheer simplicity and yet insane difficulty of this game already. I cannot wait to have a few hundred hours in, but I had to find this subreddit and just say hello cause I am hooked for life! Can't wait to see what lies ahead. Kay, gotta get my belts running!

    submitted by /u/DCzisMe
    [link] [comments]

    My first main bus after 8 hours, any suggestions?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 01:59 AM PDT

    Unplugged icon mod

    Posted: 10 May 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    First factory 130 hours in so far. I really like the trains

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Compact lategame Module production.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    Just beat krastorio 2 wondering if I missed any thing else fun

    Posted: 10 May 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    Just wondering if I missed anything else fun like the dolphin? (Which I did get)

    I did love this mod pack alot

    submitted by /u/mstrpeach
    [link] [comments]

    Why did the fish cross the road?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    I see people posting uneven splitter distribution from one belt so I made this to show how to make it even.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    Train Idea

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    This may already be out there but i cant find it so.. I have an idea for the vanilla train. Its always bugged me that the train is just one thing that mystiously runs on everything so Make the train into 3 tiers of tech:

    *1st being a steam train, runs on solid fuel (all except rocket fuel and uranium), requires water (now pumps and fluid wagons are a thing, not too hard to implement). Can have a nice old school steam locomotive look to it

    *2nd being diesel train, runs on diesel made from an oil (probably light as petroleum is used loads and heavy is used for lube), faster than steam loco and looks like train at currrent

    *3rd (top teir) being fusion/nuclear, runs on uranium fuel cells, super fast, looks like a maglev

    I think it would add some fun scaling to trains and as they are used tonnes in game, give them some nice attention.

    Side note, speaking of maglev, could also make a 4th tier be maglev tracks that allow a train to get to its highest speed

    submitted by /u/ReaperWright88
    [link] [comments]

    Tested normal distribution with 100 lanes

    Posted: 09 May 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    Simple 40MW Nuclear Reactor Design

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    The mod that everyone needs

    Posted: 09 May 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Factorio logic: Run over a rock and you can pick up pieces, run over a tree and it's gone forever.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    Final screenshot of my 12K SPM megabase

    Posted: 09 May 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    (maybe bug report ) why does all the logistics chest share the same blue shift on the right side ( zooming in is advised)

    Posted: 09 May 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Rookie question about belt mixing/merging

    Posted: 10 May 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    The question is inspired by this post as I ran into the same exact scenario.

    Basically I'm trying to implement a Red Circuit layout that takes mixed belts of Green Circuit and Plastic. The ingredients are train-delivered, and I'm trying to mix/merge 8 + 8 belts into 16. Sounds easy to do when you have just 1 or 2 belts to merge, but as number of belts go up it gets messy and ugly.

    So far I implemented a very simple solution, but I've seen people here get super creative thinking outside the box. Is there a better way to mix/merge belts more "neatly"?

    submitted by /u/jenden_bm
    [link] [comments]

    How do you counteract the depression caused by your factory constantly being stopped from building too slow?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    I play really slowly as I spend way too much time thinking the best way to do things and my factory is constantly stopped with belts full and nothing happening because I'm in the process of building the next level of science (I quickly blow through all science that uses the science I can currently make). How do I counteract this?

    submitted by /u/ergzay
    [link] [comments]

    I like to save a few

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    Where is all this iron goin- Oh, no...

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Recommended hardware?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm a bit confused. It seems to me that factorio is a single core cpu game, and cannot easily be rewritten to use multi core cpu's. But the FAQ recommends a Quad Core 3GHz+ cpu. At the moment I'm playing it on a Thinkpad T570 with a i5 7300U (dual core, "4" with multithreading), 16GB ram and Intel HD Graphics HD 620. My base yields ~1k SPM, has at least 30k+ robots flying at all times, 40 trains or so and I only get tops 20 fps/ups. Most graphical options are the lowest setting. I can accept that low fps/ups given the hardware, but I'm planning to build a computer that can handle a base like this much better, ideally 60fps/ups. What should I really look for when selecting cpu? Few and fast cores? Any recommendations?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/khaffner91
    [link] [comments]

    Pro tip: Dont use an actuve provider chest without setting logistic limits.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    I now have 120k long handed inserters. Send help.

    submitted by /u/Nuka-Cole
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone has a nice tutorial for Factory Planner with cyclic recipes etc.?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    I am trying to understand how to use Factory Planner in Seablock, but it's really hard to make plans for recipes like geode washing and everything else, that has byproducts or cyclic recipes. Does anyone know a good tutorial on how to do this?

    submitted by /u/TomatuAlus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment