• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 7, 2020

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread


    Weekly Question Thread

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Ask any questions you might have.

    Post your bug reports on the Official Forums


    Previous Threads


    Subreddit rules

    Discord server (and IRC)

    Find more in the sidebar ---->

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just realized you can rotate hazard concrete!

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    After nearly a year of on/off hunting for the There Is No Spoon achievement and not wanting to follow any blueprints, I finally done it at 7 Hours and 8 Minutes!

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    Blue science rush base version 2

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    I made a crappy image to concrete converter in 20 minutes or so and you can use it to paste QR codes or pixel art or whatever

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    15 hours into my first base and got hit by my train for the first time. Surprised it didn't happen sooner.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 12:31 AM PDT

    [Question] Upgrade planner, is there any way to set it up so I can place speed module 2 in machine that have has no speed module in it?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    Just launched first rocket. It took me 84 hours, I have 472 on record and I'm ready to do it all again.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    Originally I was trying to go for a 1 rocket per minute but towards the end I was just tired of all the finicky stuff about my base so now I'm ready to go back and do it all again but better. Although I've been looking at angels mod's and they look interesting but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that challenge or not. (BTW I put a fish in it)

    submitted by /u/kerstop
    [link] [comments]

    2x2 Infinity Tileable Nuke Power Plant (Water Version)

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    I just found this old gem in my steam screenshot library. I do feel stupid sometimes....

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    This old laptop is starting to struggle, should I stop?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    I just posted an 0.18 update for Auto Research since it appears to be abandoned by the previous author

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Is there a way to replace modules en masse?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    I would like to take a large group of furnaces with two efficiency modules and replace at least one of them with a speed module. At the beginning of the game I didn't plan ahead and put down only as many furnaces as I needed to process each patch of ore, and used level 1 efficiency modules because they were easy to produce and I had power issues when all my electric furnaces were running.

    Now, I no longer have power issues and I have done a bunch of end-game research with space science so my mining bonus is +190% and growing. Obviously I'm still getting exactly as much material production as I used to but I could be getting much more, and it also means my patches are getting mined unevenly since not all the electric miners can run if the furnaces can't keep up. I have ~30 different mines with 288 furnaces each. I don't want to click into them one by one and replace every single module by hand... I would like to remake the blueprint with speed modules and just click on each setup and let my robots take care of it, but blueprints can't replace existing modules for some reason.

    It would also be super handy to be able to replace modules like this for large sets of assembling machines or chemical production plants too. Is there a mechanic for this?

    submitted by /u/traaaiiins
    [link] [comments]

    Around 80 hours in and I've got a base giving out 100+spm, second base to ever launch a rocket on

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Just launched my 1000th rocket after 189hrs on map and 570hrs in game. I can finally put this map to bed and move on.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    Playing ComfyIndustries' Bitter Battles?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    Does anybody know if it's possible to host a private version of this scenario with friends? I'm looking for something to play with lockdown buddies.

    submitted by /u/thesixthroc
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with signals

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    Need help with signals

    Hey, so, im a bit at a loos here. I'm not exactly very good at signaling but the skills I have have been enough up until when i decided to build a large stacker array. The stacker itself works fine but at some point somewhere something went wrong resulting in wonky pathfinding for trains:

    https://preview.redd.it/9ahurmk34er41.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b659d6d54252585e35cabaf0f1ba8f206139c1fc

    https://preview.redd.it/3cezkqk34er41.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9b1255020e41cac3fa838adcd2aefd15de7ef7b5

    The issue is most certainly residing in signaling i made without giving it much of a thought but nothing i tried helps even a bit without ruining it at all.

    This is the section in question

    So yeah, I'm not sure if anyone will be able to tell just by the screenshot (here's higher-res one), but any help would be much appreciated

    EDIT: Daytime screenshot

    submitted by /u/Sugar_F0x
    [link] [comments]

    I think I got carried away

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    Combinator birds nest!

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    30h spent on this. Almost ready for my future megabase!

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    Factorio Dragon's Teeth 2020

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    Good afternoon Fellow Factorians

    I was curious about people's current flamethrower turret dragon's teeth configurations. As Factorio is always evolving, I found many of the older Dragon Teeth designs are quickly attacked by biters instead of acting as path-finding disrupters.

    Older configurations I've tried include this and this

    Currently, the Biters attack the above formations almost immedietly, especially when in large groups. They work ok for small biters but medium biters immediately attack them.

    I'm now in the mid game stage with construction robots, but originally the above had no chance when I had to manually repair the walls.

    This is a screenshot from my current game. It forces them down an alley that doesn't stop them but particularly large groups will split and make it to the interior wall causing some damage.

    Does anyone have a setup they use in early-mid game that is more effective than this? Or has the Dragon's Teeth methodology essentially become unusable without accepting that the walls will take damage?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/G36_FTW
    [link] [comments]

    Automated Green Science! [0.6.4]

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    I recently hit 1500 hours on Factorio. So I decided to start a very special game to remember where we come from (Actually I started on 0.12, but we could download 0.6, so I took this one)

    Everything felt so weird, similar yet different, I ended up building such a crappy base while exploring the differences (Like the long-handed inserter picking up at 2 block far, but dropping at 1 block). It almost felt like a first playthrough again.

    I'm only up to green science, but I need to reach the end! Which is not a rocket, but a defense system.
    "The Rocket defense is used to protect the landing of the rescue fleet. After the landing has started the Aliens will not stop attacking the player until the landing has completed. This marks the end of the game."

    No oil, no polution, but there's trains! and robots shaped like U.F.Os!

    https://imgur.com/a/NPO5X3q

    submitted by /u/Asekhan
    [link] [comments]

    Failing to occupy myself / finding goals

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    Played the tutorial/introduction (took me ~8 hours) and some of the other single player missions before jumping into free game and there I never know what I should do, I am somehow missing goals / motivation what to do. This is second time I played free play, the first time my base got destroyed by aliens 3 hours in because I hadn't set up any defenses yet, so this time around I made sure to quickly wall off and set up turrets.

    I set up resource gathering locally, produce what I need, optimize a bit and automate things by running coal everywhere etc. I automate defenseline with self-reloading red ammo and make more ressources / try optimize here and there while setting up research. Now I am ca 10 hours in, have a small but for my taste good enough base and don't really find any goals for myself. I spent a while optimizing as I could (I am not very good at this game), and researched everything as I went along but I am not really finding anything anymore that compels me to continue playing. I recently made my first car, drove around a bit and then stopped playing.

    Is this game too sandboxy for me or does it need a bit more guidance/goals/story/interaction? I actually enjoyed the "introduction" a whole lot more because I always had a goal to work towards to. But now it's missing (except for 1 goal that is super ultra lategame obviously).

    submitted by /u/dubesor86
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment