• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 1, 2020

    Factorio Suggestion: Change the graphics of the Rail sightly when it's on stone brick/concrete etc. The gravel underneath the rail ties doesn't make sense.

    Factorio Suggestion: Change the graphics of the Rail sightly when it's on stone brick/concrete etc. The gravel underneath the rail ties doesn't make sense.


    Suggestion: Change the graphics of the Rail sightly when it's on stone brick/concrete etc. The gravel underneath the rail ties doesn't make sense.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 03:02 PM PST

    The joys of building to perfect ratio (details and blueprint in comments)

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 01:03 PM PST

    Ladies and Gentlemen, May I Present... The Stuffmart

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 11:00 PM PST

    First base with no help - just got to green science and getting flabbergasted with all the future possibilities! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 03:51 AM PST

    Factorio players: what is your day job?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 04:51 AM PST

    I wonder if your day job is more creative or analytical.

    I'm a software engineer.

    submitted by /u/DrudgeBreitbart
    [link] [comments]

    I came up with this nuclear design (reactors are almost 1000 degrees)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:09 AM PST

    Oil refining for 1k SPPM Base (train grid based)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:48 AM PST

    Hi folks!

    first post in the factorio community, long time lurker, please be kind :)

    last summer 2 friends of mine and I built a 1k SPPM base. We went through multiple stages of transport and ended up with a train grid that connects all processing units. All the processing grids are robo based.

    I was in charge of providing the oil refinery and have been curious for a long time what y'all have to say to this. The structure I created provides all material needed for a 1k sppm base and does so using only trains as input and output.

    Just wanted to show this to the world. Please let me know if you find any flaws in the design or have ideas to improve on it!

    Here's the screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/FtxEzKx

    submitted by /u/Ghazed
    [link] [comments]

    Can you use becons on the Rocket Silo?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:07 AM PST

    And if so is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/AtomicSpeedFT
    [link] [comments]

    Why do certain controls have to be mouse related? My middle mouse click is dying and I'd like to use a key to toggle filters.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:59 AM PST

    Why is my nuclear setup not giving the full power output?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:13 AM PST

    Why are the first of all my steam turbines only operating at 43.1/60? if i have my ratios right, 4 reactors can power 83 turbines and 48 heat exchangers, and i only have 64, with 32 heat exchangers.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 07:56 PM PST

    Green circuit, iron and copper proportions. Am I doing this right?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 11:03 AM PST

    Why are only 1/3 of my steam engines producing maximum output? The other 2 sets are working just barely producing any electricity. I had a power outage so I added more steam engines and now production is horrible

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:42 AM PST

    Has anyone tested rented servers against each other to see who gets the best bang for the buck at different price points? If not I'd like to try/fund it myself, but I need ideas of how to stress/test the servers; all opinions/suggestions are welcome.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:33 AM PST

    My thoughts are pretty basic, purchase servers on different hosts at different price points. Upload the same map(s) across all of them, and see what kind of UPS the server manages.

    Ideally I'd also like to test things like connection speed, concurrent connection handling, etc... but I'm not sure there is actually a way to test this reliably.

    If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, please let me know :)

    submitted by /u/JustCallMeDerek
    [link] [comments]

    That Moment When You Accidentally Destroy Hours of Work (Dramatic Re-enactment)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:26 AM PST

    Ninja Cell - 2.5k SPM Cityblock megabase with Shuriken intersections

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 05:00 PM PST

    I just finished up my biggest project and wanted to share it. I've made a few complete bases before, but nothing this big. After my first rocket launch on .17, I immediately went into a second map to try things I didn't use on the first one, like trains, logistic bots, nuclear, etc. My first one was very barebones. I finished that map, got it up to 1k SPM, and the majority of achievements. Since then, I've done a Lazy Bastard map, There is No Spoon map, an Industrial Revolution map up to a rocket (loved this mod pack) and the 2.5k megabase was my next step.

    I have never built a large train network, city blocks, or used LTN before this map. I never dipped below 60 UPS on 6700k, 32gb ram, 1080 graphics card.

    Map settings - Rail world, lower pollution, no expansion, a bit richer ore patches (300% I think)?

    Pictures

    Core concepts

    • Started on .17, haven't upgraded yet.
    • 2-4 trains only, LTN for all non-liquid trains, liquid trains are simple Full-Empty cargo schedules. Around 80 trains
    • Only one track in each direction, even though it looks like two in each direction due to the Shuriken
    • All intersections are based on the Shuriken intersection. I picked it because it had good throughput, wasn't circular to take up a lot of space, and I could make it into a cell easily. https://pastebin.com/g4zbzqN9 https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=46855
    • Most cells have a two stops on the top and bottom, some have side stops added or a third stop on the top/bottom
    • I only made the cells the size they were by putting two shurikens together, and expanding them a bit so I could add enough length for interior train stops. The cell size ended up being too big, lots are mostly empty. Only Red Circuits filled it out, and I needed two full cells of them. I can't even see a full cell on 3440x1440 resolution
    • The cell isn't perfect, but it's tileable. 4 Shurikens, 4 stops (top/bottom), full roboport https://pastebin.com/596aGbux
    • Everything uses production 3 modules if possible, along with having 8 speed beacons
    • All cells are belt based. I only used bots for construction, and delivering stuff to me. The whole base is one network (for delivery) but I'll dismantle it eventually. Nuclear stuff and Satellites are still bot-delivered though.
    • I did all research with a bus, it's still visible. It doesn't really do anything now.
    • Outposted things are green circuits, iron plates, and steel plates.
    • Mostly nuclear, with around 70 reactors
    • Most designs are meant to be tileable. Most tiles as a whole can be copy/pasted, and most factories inside a tile can be expanded as well
    • I didn't really focus on aesthetics much, so there's lots of dumb stuff in some places.
    • The only things I didn't design myself was Nuclear, the Shuriken, and the 12 beacon labs I think
    • 4000 rockets sent by the time I got 2.5k spm. 128 hours playtime to complete everything

    Mods - I tried to stick to mostly vanilla, with a few helper mods.

    More game-changing:

    • Aircraft - tons of space to cover, I'd rather save hours of running/trains/cars
    • Waterfill - for nuclear
    • Better Bots - only used for delivering supplies to me

    Others:

    • LTN (Content reader, tracker too), Squeak Through, Far Reach, Disco Science, Auto Deconstruct
    submitted by /u/KitmoBootler
    [link] [comments]

    Infinite mining reach ?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 04:04 AM PST

    Sometime I'm too lazy to drive so I want to build through the map, but while I can place item (with increased reach command) I cannot mine/pick them up. So is there a command to increase mining distance ?

    submitted by /u/generalecchi
    [link] [comments]

    After 7000 rockets, I think its time to start a new map...

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:24 AM PST

    HELMOD - Adding extra intermediate product?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:22 AM PST

    I want to plan out my blue science, so I am using Helmod. Blue science requires red circuits, and I also want to have excess of those, so I can use them on different production lines too, for example when I am making purple circuits. How do I make Helmod add extra?

    submitted by /u/iamyourboi
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to quickly set item filters on train wagons rather than clicking one by one?

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 07:34 PM PST

    I'm playing Bob's suite and my base consists of a ton of micro factories outputting one thing so I need to filter wagons to accept specific items. I think I'm running around 80 locomotives all ranging from 1-1 to 1-4, and a few are fluids. The best I got is Shift+RMB then Shift+LMB the rest. Click-drag doesn't work. Is there a hotkey I'm missing? It'd be great if there was one because it's really annoying to have to set up filters every time I build a new assembly line.

    submitted by /u/50000cal
    [link] [comments]

    20 min more than No Spoon, I was so close.

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 02:00 PM PST

    Sulfuric acid not coming out of fluid wagon

    Posted: 29 Feb 2020 09:51 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment