• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 29, 2020

    Factorio The Biggest and most Useless Rail Network Ever... (info in comments)

    Factorio The Biggest and most Useless Rail Network Ever... (info in comments)


    The Biggest and most Useless Rail Network Ever... (info in comments)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 12:54 AM PST

    It is somewhat satisfying...

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 09:18 PM PST

    Sometimes you just need to relax.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 02:51 PM PST

    Factorio's optimisation is impressive - playing on a potato

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 06:18 AM PST

    My gaming laptop is off to have the DC power port repaired, so the only PC I can play on is the old desktop that my daughter uses for her homework. A 10 year old first gen i5-760 and a 2Gb NVidia GTX-760 from a couple of years later. No SSD, just a crusty Western Digital ATA hard drive. The only thing this system has going for it is that I put 16Gb of RAM in it when it was built in order to future proof it ;)

    Playing my current Bob's and Angels island world, it takes about 5 minutes to start up (due to the crusty HD), but once the game has loaded, it still runs at 60FPS and 60 UPS. No issues, no latency, no lag. The way that Wube have optimised this game is impressive.

    submitted by /u/frugal10191
    [link] [comments]

    I made this little radar fort to place near unexplored areas until I can come back with heavier defenses

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 01:41 AM PST

    This is my first time playing and I'm proud of my factory even though it's a mess

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 07:19 PM PST

    Fully-Automated Kovarex Enrichment for 17.79-0

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 10:53 PM PST

    Logged in to test out new train sounds. Felt like committing some war crimes along the way ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 01:32 AM PST

    Logged in to test out new train sounds. Felt like committing some war crimes along the way ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYInpHYn6bA

    Preview

    Apologies for not uploading to Reddit directly. I'm relatively new here and was not sure if Reddit can handle 6.44GB vid, so i posted it to YT. ^-^

    submitted by /u/Acid_Burn9
    [link] [comments]

    The Bus Must Grow !

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 01:26 AM PST

    [Blueprint] Nuclear Power Plant, tile-able, with logic -- feedback welcome

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:03 AM PST

    (Almost) 1 full belt of Blue Circuit, fuck this took me long, feel free to suggest!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:12 AM PST

    Size of Block Based Train Base

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:39 AM PST

    I am goin for a megabass based on a grid pattern of rails. Im going for 1-3 trains. What size do I need per grid?

    submitted by /u/Fr33z3Fir3
    [link] [comments]

    Let’s talk about fish (active entities/ups)

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:34 AM PST

    Good afternoon!

    Is anyone aware of how to deactivate fish? I would say a good few thousand active entities in my current map are fish..... wondering if it would make a difference to UPS?

    If there is no way to deactivate- how to get rid of them in mass? (Automation)

    submitted by /u/Winegumfury
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Allow Pipette tool (Q) to grab items from Icons e.g. Craft menu

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 04:06 PM PST

    Safe Crossing!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 12:38 AM PST

    Safe Crossing!

    After being killed by trains 14 times on this intersection, something needed to be done!

    https://preview.redd.it/lp36ml00hod41.png?width=984&format=png&auto=webp&s=4062e6e4ddfa8fd37fb2fb712e8446a0d25e9057

    My solution was to wire the approaching signals together, this was done 2 segments up each track for advance warning. Left side wired with green wires, and right with red.

    The combinator reads the number of green signals, and if the number of green signals <> the number of railway lines, a train must be coming. It outputs the input count as yellow.

    The inside lights are green when the number of green signals matches the number of lines. In this case 2. They get their colour from the signal colour.

    The outer lights turn on if Yellow <> 0, and the alarm sounds if Yellow <> 0.

    Finally the gate is set to be open if all signals are green, and closes when they are not. It probably could be more elegant, but I have launched more than 100 rockets since my last fatality so near enough is good enough!

    Edit : The gates are not needed in hindsight, but the big lights saying a train is coming is fantastic!

    submitted by /u/MrBadDragon
    [link] [comments]

    Sea Block is a very simple factorio mod

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:05 AM PST

    I was cruising around the internet looking up Factorio stuff (because what else would you do with your free time?) and found a 20 Best Factorio Mods list. Curious, I took a look. Some of the descriptions were a bit off, but nothing horrible, until I hit #17.

    Sea Block is a very simple factorio mod and just one purpose. Sea Block is used to deploy addition space on an island or defend the island by building walls around it in a single click. Sea Block is developed by Trainwreck.

    Of all the description I have heard used for Sea Block, "simple" is a new one for me.

    PS: I am not trying to mock the author (too much), just wanted to share a few laughs.

    submitted by /u/n_slash_a
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like these 8x8 universals can't be improved anymore.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 03:46 PM PST

    I have a problem

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 03:25 PM PST

    Chemical Flare for 0.18?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:15 AM PST

    Am I the only one too stupid to use every drop of every product in mid/late game production chains?

    The flare mod I used (Flare Stack) not being updated, me finding no replacement for .18 and nobody else crying for one makes me think I am ...

    submitted by /u/simpsus
    [link] [comments]

    Hofstadter’s law of Factorio is fundamental

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 04:10 PM PST

    Hofstadter's law of Factorio is that you need more iron than you think, even if you take into account Hofstadter's law of Factorio.

    submitted by /u/Farzag
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment