• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    Factorio Friday Facts #323 - Animated water

    Factorio Friday Facts #323 - Animated water


    Friday Facts #323 - Animated water

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:49 AM PST

    When you take off your suit at the wrong moment...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:12 AM PST

    Squidardo Milos

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:37 AM PST

    1 Cut Corner Ruins Automated Bug Clearer.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:10 PM PST

    I drew a (Marginally) cuter Spitter.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:04 PM PST

    Two hours in, I made my very first *almost* automatic *very* ugly production line that produces electric drills.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:26 PM PST

    Beehive Smelting with Bots and Beacons

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:10 AM PST

    Beehive Smelting with Bots and Beacons

    The last grid I posted got challenged by a another redditor and I took it in good humor, after a few iterations and challenges this is what I came up with

    Out with belts, in with bots

    Out with rectangular, in with beacons and hexagonal layouts

    A Unit Cell

    A Honeycomb

    I had attempted too make it with 1 roboport per cell but that was not enough to keep up with the charging demands of the robots

    Adding only 1 more might have been enough, but it left a gap in the design exactly the right size and shape as a roboport

    Unit Cell For the Beehive

    submitted by /u/_electrocutie
    [link] [comments]

    Major wishlist request: Guardrails!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:21 PM PST

    I want a new kind of wall: guardrails.

    Probably could be made with 1 stone wall plus an iron plate or stick. The important things would be they could run at smooth even 45 degree angles, and they would be slippery so if you ran or drove a car along them at a slight angle you would still continue on the path full speed.

    They would have 2 major uses; putting them along the edges of roads so you could drive cars fast without falling off the road and crashing, and making walkways throughout the factory. No more getting stuck on pipes & boxes, you could make little 3 tile wide paths throughout your factory complete with gates for safe exit points.

    Furthermore with some signals, circuits, & gates you could stay off the train tracks, and even make the trains stop for you. (Already possible, but not really featured)

    submitted by /u/e2mtt
    [link] [comments]

    Updated base me and a friend are building. (Second Image)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:38 PM PST

    Found this bug/glitch

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:16 PM PST

    [THE BIG TWENTY][World Record][Community Event][Charity] Will you hand(!)craft 20.000.000 green circuits with me? [Update & Start Time]

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:59 AM PST

    EDIT:
    Time until the Main Event will start: Better Countdown (this should display the correct time regarding your local timezone. Just to make sure: Start is 29.November.2019 at 18:00 Central European Time or UTC+1)
    Server: The Big Twenty
    Password: seeno
    Factorio Version 0.17.79

    TL;DRWill you handcraft 20.000.000 Green Circuits with me?[ ] Yes[ ] No[x] You are insane.This is the official charity event over at betterplace.org

    ***(I will recycle parts of the original post, if you are just here for the important update scroll down please)*****What is 'The Big Twenty'?**A Factorio Community Multiplayer Event where we try to:

    1. Handcraft 20.000.000 Green Circuits
    2. Raise 20.000€ for a good cause
    3. Run Live-Streams on Twitch for Entertaiment

    **Wait... are you even serious? 20.000.000 Circuits?! You have any idea how long that would take?!!**Yes. Yes I do.*25.000.000 Seconds or 416.666 Minutes 6.944 hours or 289 Days.*Depending on how many of you are willing to join in on this adventure we could do it in less than 48 Hours.

    **Dude you know that this is a huge waste of time right?**Indeed.That's the whole point of this event.I want you to waste your time.I want to raise awareness.Awareness for how lucky we are to have the luxury to waste our time like that.That's our transition to the next question.

    **You talked about collecting 20.000€ for charity. So who will get the money?**The goal for this event is to collect money for germany's first children's hospice which is called 'Sternenbrücke' which roughly translates to 'Starbridge' (you can take a look if you are curious).It's a place where terminal ill children and young adults can spend their last weeks and days on earth with their families - surrounded by professionally trained staff to help deal with the dire situation.You see ...... they can't waste their time because they have so little left of it.But we can waste our time.To do something good for *them.*To give back.

    Fair Point. So what exactly do you have planned?

    1. Once the event starts every factorio player can join the multiplayer server (see below).
    2. Every player get's his/her own "handcrafting box".2.1) Each box produces unlimited amounts of iron & copper plates.2.2) Each player can order his character to handcraft circuits.2.3) The player can put his circuits into his personal chest. Bots will bring them to a train(**). The train brings them into the warehouse. Did not work out. We use belts now.2.4) Each box has it's own set of lamps that count how many circuits each player has produced.2.5) There is room for 300 people

    **[UPDATE]*\*

    So when does the event start?[Main Event]\29.November.2019 18:00 CET[Countdown](https://www.webcountdown.net/?c=1575050400)Servername:* The Big TwentyPassword:* seeno*[Testrun]*Is live NOWServername: SeeNo's 'The Big Twenty'Password: seenoIf you can just come in, take a box, handcraft a bit and give me feedback.

    Livestreams & DonationsIf you want to contribute by donating please use this link: https://www.betterplace.org/en/fundraising-events/33600-seenos-the-big-twenty-eng-ger-info-belowIt directs you to the official charity project created over at BetterPlace.Org (see below)That way your donation will count towards our goal.You can find our Stream-Schedule there as well(Some Streamers will talk german but just write something nice in the chat in english and they will respond, dont worry they do not bite ^^)**How can I be sure the money goes where you say it goes?**I use the service of BetterPlace.Org a non-profit organization that handles all the finacial stuff.No donation will touch my bank account.

    Is there something else I can do to help you and/or this event?Help me to reach out to more people.Upvote this post if you feel like it.Tell others about this project. (But don't spam or be annoying please)

    **TIME is my biggest enemy right now because several things went horrible wrong when creating the map for this event.**So please excuse any mistakes that I might have made or things that I might have forgotton ... It's a little bit stressful and I am pretty nervous right now! :) Feel free to ask questions and give feedback!

    You guys here in the factorio community are awesome!Lets make this happen!

    Sincerly, SeeNo!

    Edit: I would be super super proud if this event could make it into the upcomming FFF. Maybe a dev happens to read this ... just know that I would be very grateful!!!

    submitted by /u/CrazyEngineerSeeNo
    [link] [comments]

    Threw together a quick mall for my new playthrough

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:10 PM PST

    A small overview of my current base with Industrial Revolution mod.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:11 PM PST

    Hey.. Reddit

    I am not that much into the game yet but I was really happy with my railway setup so I wanted to share what it looked like..

    I know that many people don't like 4 way intersections.. so I decided to remove them... BUT! I just couldn't resist on using roundabouts.. because they allowed me to do U-turns in a small footprint..

    So.. take a look!..

    BTW. I am using Train supply manager mod so.. that is why there are so many depots

    https://imgur.com/4cLrKRX

    submitted by /u/thin_king_kong
    [link] [comments]

    Finally decided to ditch vanilla in favor of Bob Angel's - 2 hours in a finally an iron belt, damn.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:00 PM PST

    If I walk in to a robot network without logistical bots, why can't my personal logstic bots just use roboports to navigate and bring me stuff?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:52 PM PST

    Symmetric factories

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:53 PM PST

    I'm trying to make all my factories symmetric. I dunno why, it just seemed like a fun challenge. I'm not yet that far into the game (only just got green science up) but it's my fourth playthrough. Any thoughts?

    (i couldn't get several images into the post...)

    submitted by /u/Anna191916
    [link] [comments]

    I am looking for a good Train Unloader

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:56 PM PST

    I need a train unloader system that can produce 2 full blue belts per wagon while maintaining the number of items inside the buffer chests balanced. This is what I was able to come up with and works fine, the only problem is when a new train arrives/leaves the station it messes up the flow of the inserters and they fail to fully load the blue belts for a few seconds.

    https://pastebin.com/Akbu0Y78

    can anybody improve on that or just simply has a working blueprint of his own? thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Eddie84Style
    [link] [comments]

    Giving Factorio to a relative for Christmas.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:22 AM PST

    I know how addictive and time consuming this game can be. Is it a good idea?

    submitted by /u/Annonymoiuse
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone tell me why it doesn't fill the construction robot to 30?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:09 PM PST

    So where are the enemies?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:12 PM PST

    I'm about 3 hours in and researched all red science but I haven't found an enemy yet. I have only stayed in the starting area though

    submitted by /u/redditaccmakingsucks
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment