• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 29, 2021

    Factorio Yes, we should definitely appreciate Factorio for what it is!

    Factorio Yes, we should definitely appreciate Factorio for what it is!


    Yes, we should definitely appreciate Factorio for what it is!

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    It's crack! Digital, time-consuming, OCD-numbing crack!

    And I love it.

    submitted by /u/VehaMeursault
    [link] [comments]

    my first base (started playing earlier this week) any thoughts?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    My thoughts after 100 hours in Factorio.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    I started this game as my pc started to show signs of stress, when the gpu couldn't handle any other games, the CPU heating up to warm a pizza, then I turned to Factorio..(really really old pc lol ) well yah that's the story... anyway I learnt things about automation. I learnt things about solving problems. most importantly I learnt one thing,you don't get what you want but you get what you need. I started my 4th base and I was knee deep in spaghetti. well I had a few mods (nanobots and time tools) to save me though. so I just started ripping out the whole base and started from scratch ( with science progress ) I just got all my stuff into a bus based approach ( there is still alot of spaghetti around the edges ).this taught me many things. I don't want to sound like a an idiot but here we go. 1. don't give up until you know you are getting nowhere. 2. have a list of things to do. 3. make regions / blocks for things in your mind and in your base. 4. it's impossible to think clearly after 10 hours of factorio. 5. belts end up visiting your dreams. 6. trains are hard and I am starting to like them.

    I also learnt how to plan my life better. how to solve problems and also cook better lol. it's just weird how good this game is. it makes you a better human.....the planning is just so satisfying.

    100 hours in.... I am in love with this game.

    The factory must grow.

    submitted by /u/SasiQwerty
    [link] [comments]

    Tell us how addicted to factorio you are without telling us how many hours you've played.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    Space exploration early game question

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    How important is the core miner early in my playthrough of space exploration?

    submitted by /u/Nchoke
    [link] [comments]

    I finally got to blue science, but I don’t know what to do now?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    I finally got blue science after restarting multiple times because of how daunting it seemed, but now I don't know what to get? I want laser turrets, but I've seen some people saying that you should rush advanced oil. I am not at my computer so I can't upload a screenshot, but I haven't yet made a train bringing the resources to my main base.

    submitted by /u/jaxhax543
    [link] [comments]

    Early chem science and red smarts mall. I kept undersizing my smelters, so now I do all smelting in place and only distribute ores around. Later I'm planning to also embed petroleum processing in designs, so that all my building blocks only take raw resources.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 03:23 PM PDT

    Idea for new buildings

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    RECYCLING FACILITY

    It accepts any item and will reduce it to its base ore or to the base forged products. There is only one input and one output both of mixed products.

    CHARCOAL PLANT

    This building inputs wood and outputs coal. It is a great way to easily dispose of wood from forest clearing operations.

    submitted by /u/Red__M_M
    [link] [comments]

    How do I automate wood production? (Bob's Mods)

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 09:05 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get green (yellow?) science, which requires basic belts and inserters. I'm already done with basic belts and 2 of the 3 items required for the regular inserter, however green chips require copper cable and wooden boards, the last of which I don't have any idea how to automate the production of. Can you guys help?

    submitted by /u/Avem231
    [link] [comments]

    Factorio and it's community

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 09:21 AM PDT

    This game is amazing, i'm sure there are quite a few post talking about how good the game is but as i have a outside perspective i had to say it myself! The community that this game has is by far the best i've seen as well. I unfortunately don't own and have not played the game but have watched playthroughs on youtube and am currently watching a death world series. Fantastic game with a fantastic community. I saw a week or so ago a post just about appreciating new players first builds and i knew i was going to love this sub. One day i will get the game and will be able to join the fun everyone here is having! I can see the game looks complicated and intricate, i have a lot to learn and can't wait to experience it! Thank you, Factorio and it's community, you are good people.

    submitted by /u/death2931
    [link] [comments]

    Wube's been pretty quiet... my spideytron sense is tingling..

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    Discuss future DLC and what it might look like. Hype me without knowing anything. Pure speculation.

    Go.

    submitted by /u/miketastic_art
    [link] [comments]

    A good calculator like the Satisfactory one?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 02:44 AM PDT

    The Factorio calculator found here https://kirkmcdonald.github.io/calc.html is good but it doesn't show a scheme of how to use the belts and splitters to make the given ratio for the production.

    Satisfactory has a great calculator found here https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/production-planner that beside the machines needed, it also shows how to use splitters for the production, good and efficient.

    I'd like a calculator for Factorio as good as the Satisfactory one... anybody knows one?

    submitted by /u/lisothl
    [link] [comments]

    How many rocket control units do you engineers manufacture?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    I've currently got a setup that can produce 1,080 RCU / 5s (assuming my speed mod 1 and blue circuits keep up with demand). Is that too much? Will I need more?

    submitted by /u/FactoryBuilder
    [link] [comments]

    This my first time actually using train signals and I don't know if this is right

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 03:20 PM PDT

    This my first time actually using train signals and I don't know if this is right

    I've got both my copper and iron ore trains running down this one track and i made this because they just stopped in the middle once when i had just a single pair of rail signals in the middle of the track.
    Am i doing this right??
    Criticism is more than welcome :)

    https://preview.redd.it/azffhzgb31e71.png?width=357&format=png&auto=webp&s=8e577a898c334ddca68d59372b32a0f4058e954a

    submitted by /u/Octet_321
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment