• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 19, 2020

    Factorio Biter Battles(TM) Tournament Grand Final! SUN 19th April at 15:00 UTC

    Factorio Biter Battles(TM) Tournament Grand Final! SUN 19th April at 15:00 UTC


    Biter Battles(TM) Tournament Grand Final! SUN 19th April at 15:00 UTC

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Hello Everyone!

    You are all invited to the last match Grand Final of the Season 2 Biter Battles Tournament.

    SUN 19th April at 15:00 UTC (GMT)

    >> Check your Time Zone: https://timee.io/20200419T1500

    COMFY INDUSTRIES VS STEELAXE ULTIMATE

    This final will be super competitive just as the semi-finals have been. These teams include most of the top Factorio speedrunners in different categories. A lot of innovation has happened in the last matches with teams coming up with novel and never seen ideas and strategies to beat their opponents.

    For those who don't know what BB is yet, it is an indirect PVP mode where players rush to build science and use it to increase the number and strength of biters attacking opposite team. Both team have a silo they must protect from enemy biters or they lose the match.

    Tournament organized by Taishan who also will be playing and broadcasting the game among others.

    Spreadsheet including the up-to-date tournament results:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FSteRuxJZuEYXEhJn361XD8nZ4biOYdXtpU17tg1OMk/edit#gid=1000727680

    To keep the server lag free in these times of Net Congestion, only streamers will be allowed to join. Spectators must watch the match from one of these sources:

    https://www.twitch.tv/antielitz https://www.twitch.tv/streamobert https://www.twitch.tv/smtaishan https://www.twitch.tv/jd_play5 https://www.twitch.tv/cl0wnt0wn https://www.twitch.tv/dr_macou

    We chose a relatively early hour to avoid recent network clogging issues due likely to current events.

    We will likely also organize a public special event afterwards. e.g. top players vs everyone else, mass public game.. Surprise! (We will use a server that has managed 132 online before)

    Hope to see you there!

    ~TEAM COMFY

    submitted by /u/booomhorses
    [link] [comments]

    The factory that launched my first rocket :)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    This is what was happened when somebody didn't change their factory layout for the recent Factorio

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:50 AM PDT

    I started using cargo wagons to make modular little mini factories. They shine when making complex parts like advanced circuits, and take up barely any space

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    I'm very proud of the turret squad that have held down Chokepoint Sparta.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    I'm not saying I'm a pussy but its my first time without peaceful mode and I've chosen my comfort zone.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    I like this new kind of floor.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Conqueror's Archipelago Map Seed

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    Conqueror's Archipelago Map Seed

    After finishing the game recently, I decided I want to try out a new map style. One thing that always stressed me out was the constant threat of biters and having to manage so many angles of attack all the time but I also didn't want to remove them entirely to still have challenge.

    I took this map seed from an old thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/b3bcwg/cool_island_seed_on_017x/ and made some interesting changes to the settings:

    TERRAIN

    https://preview.redd.it/c8eu1rjupqt41.png?width=1345&format=png&auto=webp&s=eb3ed26fe23ab057dae2cb75ca6dba3ee273836b

    This is your home. It's not much but it will always be safe from biters until you choose to venture across the waters. While off-screen, every island apart from the central one is filled to the brim with biter nests. Conquering new lands will be difficult, but any that are will be yours forever.

    ENEMIES:

    Enemy bases are set to maximum size, frequency and expansion range. Biters are set to evolve at double the rate from destroying nests but will never evolve over time. Pollution may not lead to attacks but can still cause evolution on neighboring islands. This way, you can take your time before choosing to expand across the water to the resource rich reaches. Early on, tanks and turrets can clear infested islands and late game artillery cannons can fire across water gaps at any biters that dare even look upon your factory.

    RESOURCES

    All resources are set to be 300% richness but still normal size and frequency. This allows good prep for military but still encourages expansion to new islands to increase production. Stone specifically is set to 600% richness to account for the huge need for landfills. Need more oil? Be prepared to fight for it, but be safe in knowing you can retreat and defend at a choke point at any time.

    MAP STRING:

    >>>eNpjYBACQkYGEHBgYDjgwMGSnJ+Yw8DQYA/BDg5cyfkFBalFu vlFqcjCnMlFpSmpuvmZqIpT81JzK3WTEotTQaZBcIM9R2ZRfh66C azFJfl5SCIHHFhLilJTixEiDfbcpUWJeZmlueh6GRh/O07ibmiRY wDh//UMCv//gzCQ9QDoFRBmYGwAqgaqBIrBAGtyTmZaGgODgiMQO 4EMY2RkrBZZ5/6waoo9JBQY9BygjA9QkQNJMBFPGMPPAaeUCoxhg mSOMRh8RmJALC0BWgFVxeGAYEAkW0CSjIwwtzP+Wfnxkm9SgT2jo avIuw9G6+yAkiIgCSY4MWsmCOyEeYUBZuYDe6jUTXvGs2dA4I09I ytIB9gABwsgccCbmYFRgA/IWtADJBRkGGBOs4MZI+LAmAYG32A+e QxjXLZH9wcwIGxAhsuBiBMgAmwh3GVQnzn0OzA6yMNkJRFKgPqNG JDdkILw4UmYtYeR7EdzCGZEIPsDTUTFAUs0cIEsTIETL5jhrgGG5 wV2GM9hvgMjM4gBUvUFKAbhQXIUxCgILeDAzIAAH+wZtm72mAgAv C6bMA==<<< 

    One interesting thing to see would be the designs for defending the land bridges. While conquering an island it will need to be defended constantly until that island is cleared but once connected biters will constantly be attacking your base - maybe a tight rail-only bridge with enough trains to always run over biters? Or maybe a more traditional turret spam fest with landmines and layered walls at the front?

    This is my first time trying a mode other than the vanilla freeplay, so any tips on how this could go or if any of the settings are out of whack are greatly appreciated (especially evolution rate - I hope clearing one island won't immediately cause 0.9 evolution D: ).

    submitted by /u/SoLegendary
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Ore Highlighter in base game map mode UI

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    I hate building over ore. When this 3.5M iron ore patch was in the way of my bus I converted most of it into blue belts to upgrade the said bus

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    Flowing Plastic

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    I am now officially a Lazy bastard

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    I am now officially a Lazy bastard

    I started my Lazy bastard in 0.16 and today, after 33 hours with this vanilla run, I finally finished it!

    https://preview.redd.it/yi5o6quw5rt41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=6edc7b3d825717d63ca6edd44187f881f638e371

    Crude oil was drying up, I had to improvise with a bit of coal liquefaction and squeeze in a beacon for plastics to finish all rocket parts.

    submitted by /u/Aprillion6
    [link] [comments]

    First Red & Green Factory

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    Vecihular Carslaughter train on car violence

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    On first base, wanna give up!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    TL;DR Should one expect to launch a rocket with their very first base/play through

    I feel like I have to be able to launch a rocket with the very first base I have been making and it seems like an impossible task cause everything is so messy and it's a lot to manage.

    Question: how likely is it to launch a rocket the first time through a base? Should I call it a fun learning experience and just start a new base with what I've now learned?

    I'm not super far into the game, only like 30 hours. It's been slow going watching tutorials and such to figure things out alongside my own desire to figure things out on my own. I've gotten as far as making robots, just have to figure out how to use them now. I am not using any mods or premade blueprints at this time.

    Feels so far from launching the rocket!

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/SonOfObed89
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when you update your mods without checking

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    Has anyone had success with Biter funnels?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    Has anyone had success with Biter funnels?

    Attempt umpty-two, doesn't work

    Hi everyone! I'm looking at updating my wall design, as it's been ages and I want to incorporate buffer chests and flame throwers. I want to try and funnel the biters in to sections of the walls that are heavily fortified and make "killing fields"(for fun, it's not necessary by any means), but I can't seem to get the biters to stop attacking the wall. As seen in the picture, I've removed all the "targets" from the edges of the funnel, but the stupid bastards still insist on eating through my chevron. Anyone had any success with this kind of wall structure before?

    edit: Solution may have been found!

    submitted by /u/8igby
    [link] [comments]

    the Supply Challenge scenario is quite fun and fast-paced, a different feeling in a Factorio game

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    Compact buffered reliable 2x2 Nuclear Reactor. Zero wastes and reliable 479+ MW in any case of loads.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    Just started the game, can't progress research at all due to not having any automated science packs

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    I have no automated science packs, and cannot progress. I need to give the laboratory red beakers, and can't find a single way to get any. The only way is to craft them with the assembling kit which I need to finish the current research to obtain. I'm brand new to this game, and am finding this very frustrating. Please help.

    Also, I'm in campaign mode if that makes a lick of difference.

    Edit: solved. Alt mode showed me my own mess up, I guess I'm just blind.

    submitted by /u/KryFuZe
    [link] [comments]

    Post-robotics you can get super lazy. "The Mall" from my last playthrough. Need something new? Just copy one of these little things and program the requester chest with copypaste.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Hyperloop mod request

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    A hyper loop mod would be cool. For one to test out the real world practicality of transporting goods at high speed in small pods.

    submitted by /u/SlickH2O
    [link] [comments]

    This was fun, don't know why the campaign makes the player leave.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    What do you look for in a map before starting a factory?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    Krastorio 2 blueprints

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Hello, I play with Krastorio 2. and have nothing in blueprint tab, so I cant create new blueprint... As I remember, there should be empty BP for creating new ones. Or do I forgot how to play? :)

    submitted by /u/euvgenius
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment