• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 9, 2019

    Factorio Came into a random multiplayer game and saw this "Fishing Dock"

    Factorio Came into a random multiplayer game and saw this "Fishing Dock"


    Came into a random multiplayer game and saw this "Fishing Dock"

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:01 PM PDT

    Playing on peaceful, but I'm still happy about going fast.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:09 AM PDT

    New 1.1GW reactor

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:35 PM PDT

    New 1.1GW reactor

    This took hours of testing in editor mode, but it will really output a straight graph line of 1.1GW with no spikes over long period of time. I expect relatively high UPS performance and you can place it over water, to directly feed it with 12 offshore pumps on the sides. Screenshot is to highlight 2 separate power networks, because when you place blueprint down it will combine them. That's fine if you intend to use it like i do, just have it on 24/7 just because fuel is dirt cheap. Connect to outside world from any 4 axis to cyan cable and send/receive fuel with logistics robots. You may have a train station nearby.

    https://i.redd.it/hhpn1y4sbgr31.jpg

    But it does include control circuits if you wanted to wire up all the fluid tanks and turn it off based on steam level. It only inserts fuel 1 at the time, however it does not stop doing that as baseline design. When inserters receive "nuclear reactors = 2" signal they will put 1 fuel to all of them, but 1 of the signals is currently output from constant combinator. If you want a regulating reactor, remove constant combinator and wire all tanks into decider combinator, that is set to "Steam > (SomeBigNumber])" => Output 1 nuclear reactor into red wire.

    Second control circuit is RS-latch for power production. By default this will prioritize your accumulators over nuclear power, but you can bypass that by connecting yellow and cyan directly, remove power switches.

    submitted by /u/Zaflis
    [link] [comments]

    Am I doing the base spaghetti right?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 07:15 AM PDT

    Megabase 7 Science SPM Standard

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:42 AM PDT

    I was compressing my megabase when I realized that I calculated input when all 7 sciences are running. But when doing mining productivity research or artillery range (two main researches for industrial/military science) only one or the other is running so for example instead of 1.4 + 0.9 = 2.3 belts of stone, you only need max 1.4 belts. However follower robot count research does in fact use all 7 science at the same time but it's not a very popular research.

    Now I'm trying to create the most compact 1kspm base but I want to keep it legit. Would you say that SPM for all 7 sciences based on doing either mining productivity/artillery range the true standard or follower robot count the true standard? This would change whether I need 2.3 or 1.4 belts of stone along with other minor cuts in production.

    Vote here

    submitted by /u/Blandbl
    [link] [comments]

    Smaller 10-10 balancer

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    New to Factario - Is it in early access hell?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    I got the game a week ago I have been loving it!

    That said, is it stuck in early-access hell? I haven't been around long enough to know but I just noticed the game has been in "EA" for years and is no where near version 1.0

    What's going on?

    submitted by /u/Havok1911
    [link] [comments]

    "Many A True Nerd" gets why Factorio is one of the most suggested games on his channel.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    Got a prompt about this after updating to Catalina iOS

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:15 PM PDT

    Is this to many roboports? And is this a good 4k red circuit setup?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 07:06 AM PDT

    MFW I figured out what buffer chests do

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    update for power calculator

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:38 AM PDT

    Due to mod changes i had to update the calculator.

    It should be correct now.

    Please report any problems you find.

    I am also open for suggestions.

    NOTE : i used this flare since i thought i was the best pick tho not sure if the mods agree with it

    https://github.com/immortal-sniper1/py-power-calculator

    submitted by /u/immortal_sniper1
    [link] [comments]

    Factorio anarchy server/servers.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:01 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I just had a question I wanted to ask

    Are there any Factorio anarchy servers? Servers with no rules at all. I would like to join one and see if I can do anything.

    If there isn't any, well, then I have an idea I think people might be able to get behind.

    submitted by /u/Just_V_Shatter
    [link] [comments]

    0.17 Change default condition on temporary train stops

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    As the title says:

    0.17 Change default condition on temporary train stops. Currently the default condition created on a temporary train stop (Ctrl+clicking a train destination from the train window) is to "wait 5 seconds". This is great for clearing up any deadlocks but not great for most other uses.

    Is there a way to change it to anything else by default?

    submitted by /u/Judgessillyusernames
    [link] [comments]

    How can I see how much power I could make with my current setup?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    I'm new to Factorio so I'm pretty early in the game and it's amazing, though it's a bit information overload, especially as a person with ADHD.

    I'm sure there are tons of sources on how to calculate things and stuff but is there any way I can just easily see how much more power I can produce with my current setup? Basically I just want to know how much more I can build before I have to create more boilers and stuff. Just a bar or something, some value that tells me "Hey you are currently using 20% of maximum capacity, as in you can build tons more before you reach 100%".

    I know there is a statistics tab but it only shows current production and consumption, and as far as I can see it just tells me if I'm producing enough? But it doesn't tell me how much more I could potentially produce. As in am I close to maximum capacity before slowing down or could I potentially maybe build three times as big of a factory before I have issues.

    Edit: Sorry if this is a dumb question or if there is tons of info on this, I've tried to google but can't find it and I get easily overwhelmed and quit. Thought I'd just try and ask instead.

    submitted by /u/Friendofabook
    [link] [comments]

    I thought my buses were large with Bobs & Angels...

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 03:51 PM PDT

    Factorio-like mobile games, or others?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 01:29 AM PDT

    I'm hooked on Factorio! But I also have a lot of waiting time in life (elevators, taxi rides, etc).

    I'd like to find a good mobile game or 2 to keep me busy during the 20-60 seconds of waiting time I get throughout the day.

    Have you guys found anything similar to Factorio?

    Or, what mobile games are you playing? I'd probably like what you like you like Factorio.

    submitted by /u/bonsaikorea
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite late game personal transportation mods?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    What are your favorite balanced late game personal transportation mods? Thinking of the helecopters/airplanes/hovercars/teleporters/etc. Something reasonably polished with fair tech requirements. 0.17

    submitted by /u/Red_Icnivad
    [link] [comments]

    The most epic factorio cinematic ever

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 03:00 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment