• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 21, 2021

    Factorio Watching AntiElitz I found out that splitters have a small buffer in them.

    Factorio Watching AntiElitz I found out that splitters have a small buffer in them.


    Watching AntiElitz I found out that splitters have a small buffer in them.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 11:54 PM PDT

    When you have a near perfect rail system and this still happens

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    Why would you use trains?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:38 AM PDT

    I'm not very far into the game(just automated chemical science packs) but i don't understand why trains are better than belts.

    Edit: thanks for all the answers i realise im just not far enough into the game to really need trains but i think i will use them in the future.

    submitted by /u/Waterkip123
    [link] [comments]

    Novel half-width smelter design

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:49 AM PDT

    Just launch my second rocket!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    I love my super smelter

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Just take some time to admire this 12 to 10 belt balancer I found in my first Factorio world

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:10 PM PDT

    Well won't have to worry about electric for a while!

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 05:35 PM PDT

    I need a suggestion to make biters interesting

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 03:05 AM PDT

    I have played the game for a while, and have done my share of playthroughs with biters. They were however not very long as I don't feel like biters are interesting.

    After you have your defenses up, and have enough automation, biters become a mere nuisance to the growth of the factory.

    So I would like to hear from you all. What kind of changes and/or mods would make biters more interesting in your opinion?

    submitted by /u/arionsilver
    [link] [comments]

    So this is all the stone that spawned in my starting area lol

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    My 1st try at making a blueprint for nuclear power plant. Not the most beautiful thing but it works.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Quick U-turns (or instant stop) for trains with circuitry

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 07:08 AM PDT

    Quick U-turns (or instant stop) for trains with circuitry

    Hey there,

    Quick post to share something I had found when I was developing my first train system for 9 tiles ribbon worls with U-turn stops. It is possible to have trains going full speed until exactly where they need to stop for their U-turn, then abruptly stop and do their U-Turn. This is done by naming the U-Turn stop the same as the destination, then wiring a signal to the U-Turn station and disabling the stop when the signal is red as shown in the following image:

    Quick U-Turn System

    U-Turn Stop Circuit Configuration

    This is how it looks in video:

    Quick U-Turn Train Demo

    This allows to configure trains as if there was no U-turn at all:

    https://preview.redd.it/w7ww4qtjskc71.png?width=412&format=png&auto=webp&s=9d0e076389dced57c7543cb1d714e91eab4af5cf

    Hopefully that can be useful to someone, even though I am sure many of you may already know this.

    submitted by /u/Pierr0x
    [link] [comments]

    One thing I've noticed is that you all know exactly what needs what. So before I signal this will it work well?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 05:42 PM PDT

    A busy intersection

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 10:15 PM PDT

    I think I broke something...

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    welcome to the humble beginnings of spaghetti junction

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    A little help with train crossings - which of these works better, and how to improve them?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 09:20 PM PDT

    All this and it only costs me 25mw. Thought it would be more than that. SE is quite in depth. Theres so much to do. Just researched blue science. But feels like it should be so much later game than it is. Must................keep..............growing

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:58 PM PDT

    Intersection design feedback request. If anyone tried this style of intersection, what are the possible issues with it?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    LF long term players for a K2 deathworld.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    Sorry if this isn't allowed here, didn't see an lfg subreddit.

    As title says, also playing with quite a few other mods although I'm fairly new.

    Discord is balloonhandz#1542

    submitted by /u/Balloonhandz
    [link] [comments]

    Hexagonal Rail System - More Info in Comments

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    Mine station setup

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    I'm probably late to the party on this one, but i'm doing a space exploration play through. And i came up with an new way of setting up my mine stations.

    I now give all the mine stations of the same type the same name, for example if the mine is for iron it gets called 'iron mine'. Set the max number of trains to 1 and then set the station to only activate when it has enough resources to fill the train. then all trains have two stops one for where the resource is going and the other for 'iron mine' now when the train needs to pick up resources it will find the nearest active station and go to that one.

    I find this is really good for getting rid of those smaller ore patches as these tend to take awhile to get enough resources to fill a train. trains don't sit at mines waiting to fill up when ore patches get low. And it saves time when an ore patch runs out and you need to setup new mines. And you don't have to worry about any one smelting setup running out of resources.

    I've been thinking about doing this for products as well but i have douts it'll be as effective.

    submitted by /u/Incarnate_666
    [link] [comments]

    Bug Nests Count toward entity UPS? I was under the impression this was things like inserters or assemblers. But, after running a command to remove biters I gain 6 values in the entity update part of Debug. Any suggestions on how to keep bitters around but not have them take up so much UPS?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 02:09 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment